Wednesday 3 June 2015

June arrives and with it Summer...almost!

Today's visit to the allotment has shown how the increased temperature is finally kick starting things. I planted out lettuce and sweet pepper started off in the greenhouse. French beans are coming along nicely and the corn is starting to grow again. I picked my first radish from seed planted less than a month ago (delicious!)
Left side of the plot

Right side of the plot

The fruit bushes are coming along well and it's now more clear which are which - Blackcurrant, Gooseberry, Blackberry and Raspberry. Sadly my strawberries that I transplanted haven't taken too well (thankfully I have loads coming through at home.)

Although I still have about a quarter of the plot covered in grass and weeds, I am running out of room for things I still want to plant so I can see how I can manage a full plot in years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment