Saturday 22 August 2015

Blaugust Day 22 - I'd like to make more videos

Day 22 of Blaugust and looking through Anook page of my fellow Blaugustians, I see many people struggling with writer's block. I wholeheartedly recommend looking through the writing prompts and of course adding one of your own (as I'm running out of ideas too!)

Today I once again have to thanks Void of A Green Mushroom blog.


If you were to create content for a different medium what would you choose? Videos, Streaming, Podcast, Something Else? What about that medium appeals to you as a content creator?

Video would be my choice, and or streaming. I have tried to stream on Twitch but have struggled with my poor internet connection. While I have great download speeds, my upload speeds are seemingly not sufficient. Guild Wars 2 crashes, Lotro sometimes works but stutters. I will endeavour to keep trying and may try to record videos instead though they do seem to take too much work, more time than I like to commit to non-gaming activities.

I'm not stranger to Vlogging. I was there in the early days of Youtube, and later Vloggerheads, in my own little corner, making vlogs complaining about London issues along with book reviews but I never put too much energy into it. Part of me regrets that, seeing how much today's Youtube celebrities are making, but I'm not a natural performer. They still linger there at the back of my Youtube account along with some more recent poorly made gaming videos.

The medium appeals as with gaming it's easy to show and tell to give tips or show viewers how a game plays. That's something I'd like to do more of (having only recently acquired a mic connected to the PC) so lookout for some of that content in the future!



This post is part of the Blaugust 2015 initiative. If you are interested in taking part, all the information can be found by clicking the logo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment