Monday 31 August 2015

Blaugust Day 31 - The madness is finally over!

Blaugust is finally drawing to a close and what a month it turned out to be. I managed to post every one of the 31 days, even while travelling for the first few days of the month.

During the time, I made a few new gamer contacts, found some great blogs and realised how truly impressive what Belghast and others do, writing every day, is. Some of these I'll adding to sites blogroll, when I get around to it.

I have picked up 16 new followers on Twitter as a direct result and Blaugust and received a number kind comments on the blog. My page views naturally shot up, though oddly I posted an extra post that I didn't tag as Blaugust (via my Indie Horror blog) and it got double the views.

I tagged each daily post with #blaugust on Twitter and titled each post such, as requested by Belghast. I also posted them as a Blog in Anook and on the Annok forum for each specific day. It taught me the importance of Social Media for spreading the word and even though it was at a time when Bloggers were supporting each other, the usefulness of such tools cannot be underestimated.

I also learned not to be so strict with Gamer to do lists. I'm not great at sticking to them, but I found it helpful to set goals through the month.

Blaugust has also helped me decide the future of my blogs. Shortly before it began, I consolidated my three blogs at Knifesedge.net but was still posting to each individually then exporting/importing. I've now decided that the gaming element will now be posted directly and my old http://knifesedgemmo.blogspot.co.uk/ will be left as an archive. The gardening and horror blogs, which I posted to much less frequently, will continue to have their own homes but will be cross posted to knifesedge.net.

So, thanks to Belghast for putting us all through this, congratulations to all the bloggers that made it to end, commiserations to those that dropped out early, hopefully you can try again next year...you can have my slot :)


This post is part of the Blaugust 2015 initiative. If you are interested in taking part, you only need to write 31 posts in one day, so good luck! Otherwise come back next year. All the information can be found by clicking the logo below.

2 comments:

  1. This has been fun for me as well. I don't know how others can post every day after going through that and struggling near the end to come up with stuff to talk about. I'm definitely simmering down how many posts a week I'll be doing myself.
    Grats getting through it, was great posting alongside bloggers such as yourself.

    ReplyDelete