Sunday 23 August 2015

Blaugust Day 23 - Returning to The Shire

On the most recent Burton and Scrooge Podcast, Roger mentioned how occasionally returning to Lotro for new content and partly because of an emotional connection to the game. He spoke of riding up Weathertop and having a brief memory of how he felt when doing it for the first time.

This inspired me to return to The Shire. My Captain is currently deeding for Virtues and one of them involves a number of quests in the home of the Hobbits. As I've not yet touched the area with Diaspora, I decided to start from Michel Delving and work my way through. When I first started playing the game several years ago, my first character, Jestro, was a hobbit, so The Shire was my first experience of the game and I've barely been back since. Those memories came flooding back. The music, the scenery, the characters and who doesn't love carrying pies and mail from A to B? When I first pleyed through the area I was on foot (in those days, you didn't get a mount til later in the game), so it feels a lot easier on horseback.


I tied this in with catching up on the Bingo quests, the new weekly content that Turbine are adding to the game and this gave some unfamiliar amusement to break up the content I've seen before. And it was great to see old Farmer Maggot again!






This post is part of the Blaugust 2015 initiative. If you are interested in taking part, all the information can be found by clicking the logo below.

No comments:

Post a Comment