Monday 24 August 2015

Blaugust Day 24 MMO Pet hates

MMO rant time, my pet hates.

Min maxers - While I take no issue with people that choose to squeeze every last point to get the best possible dps, I do object to people expecting me to do the same. I play a game to have fun, not to study builds and spreadsheets. I used to play board games and tabletop war games with someone like this and it annoyed the hell out of me while he pored through rule books during his turn to find some obscure rule he could exploit.

Players doing slayer deeds and not acknowledging you - Mob grinding is the same in most MMO's but in Lotro, unless you get a hit on a creature or are grouped, you won't get credit for that kill. If I see someone killing multiple mobs in an area, I always offer to group so we are not stealing each other's kills. It's a simple courtesy to at least respond. When they don't, I see red. (Especially when they then make more of an effort to AOE tag every mob before I can get a single hit in.)

Ore ninja whingers - In Lotro, Ore nodes are on a first come first served basis. If I get there first, don't message me calling me rude. Your Rune is not etched into the stone! Same goes for the Treasure Hunt. If I get there before you, bad luck.

Trolls in world chat/ being accused of trolling - I learned the hard way not to poke the Trolls in World chat but if someone offends me in some way, I will speak out and I have been called a troll for doing so!

Drama in kinships - This I cannot abide and I've been on the wrong side of it too many times, usually resulting in me leaving the Kin. Keep your RL issues out of my game and don't ask me to pick a side, as most likely it won't be yours.

Do you have any pet MMO hates?


This post is part of the Blaugust 2015 initiative. If you are interested in taking part, all the information can be found by clicking the logo below.




No comments:

Post a Comment